We specialize in services to small businesses, estates, students, families, and retirees.
- We evaluate proposed courses of action concerning shareholders' sale of stock
(short-term versus long-term capital gains treatment), health insurance, payment
of dividends, pension plans, admission of new partners, loans to and from shareholders,
payment of bonuses, etc.
- We assist our clients in minimizing their tax burden by providing impact analysis of
proposed courses of action prior to implementation. This service also assists newer
practices with form of organization decisions (Corporation, Partnership, Sole Proprietor,
LLC, etc.) and related tax implications.
- We assist our clients in minimizing their tax burden by providing impact analysis of proposed
courses of action prior to implementation. This service also assists newer practices with
form of organization decisions (Corporation, Partnership, Sole Proprietor, LLC, etc.) and
related tax implications.
- We advise corporations concerning the documentation of minutes of board meetings in order
to substantiate actions taken that have tax compliance implications.
- We also assist in the development of certain policies within the corporation that will have tax
impact (such as expense reimbursement, accountable plan, cafeteria plan -- section 125 of the
- We provide research on specific tax issues that affect our clients (stock options versus sale
of stock - treatment on the part of the corporation, and treatment on the part of the
shareholders, lease agreements, etc.).
- We also deal with shareholders' rights when stock becomes "diluted" or otherwise worthless
(expert witness services).
- We likewise represent our clients before the IRS or other federal or state regulatory agencies
when tax abatement issues arise. These services are provided at hourly rates ranging from $95
to $200 per hour, depending on the level of staff necessary to fulfill the engagement. Typical
corporate and partnership returns (federal and state) may be prepared and filed for as little
as $400 (depending on condition of client records).
- We prepare and file electronically annual corporate and personal returns as well as estimated
income taxes for both federal and state governments. This sometimes requires the preparation
of pro-forma tax returns to establish estimated tax liabilities.
- We also prepare quarterly payroll and sales tax returns as well as annual 1099, 941, W-2 and
other payroll tax returns. All work is reviewed by a CPA prior to submission to federal or state
regulatory authorities. These services are provided at $65 per hour.
- Our charge for a typical personal tax return filed electronically (form 1040 and state return)
is only $185 (depending on complexity). We insure that you get every deduction to which you
are entitled (tuition, child care, nursing facility expenses, etc.).